#607 How To Be Truly Customer-First with Martin Newman, Founder of The Customer First Group
In today's episode we're joined by Martin Newman, Founder of The Customer First Group.
Martin is a consumer champion and author of the book, 'The Power of Customer Experience'. With extensive experience in the world of customer centricity, he joins us to share his best advice and examples of how companies can commit to delivering truly best-in-class customer experiences.
In this episode we discuss:
- Martin's early lessons in customer service from working in his father's opticians in Glasgow
- How 'cost-to-serve' financial models impact customer-centricity
- Why businesses to focus on being people-first before being able to become customer-first
- Examples of how to empower your employees to be customer first
- Is customer service better in the US than in the UK?
- Is Amazon a customer-centric brand?
- How to offer best-in-class eCommerce experiences
Referenced in this episode:
- Martin's latest book, 'The Power of Customer Experience: How to Use Customer-centricity to Drive Sales and Profitability': https://amzn.to/3vREi4k
- Martin's first book, '100 Practical Ways to Improve Customer Experience: Achieve End-to-End Customer Engagement in a Multichannel World': https://amzn.to/3vYf4Rz
- Martin's mini MBA in Customer Centricity: https://martinnewman.co.uk/mba/
- Martin's customer experience platform, Customer Service Action: https://customerserviceaction.com/
CONNECT WITH MARTIN / CUSTOMER FIRST GROUP
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY:
For all feedback and guest recommendations, please email See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.