#603 How To Glean Customer Insights That Drive Remarkable Marketing with Dr Christine Bailey
In today's episode we're joined by Dr Christine Bailey, Founder of Sophia Marketing and Author of 'Customer Insight Strategies: How To Understand Your Audience and Create Remarkable Marketing'.
In this episode we discuss:
- Have the principles for gleaning customer insight changed over the last 20 years?
- What makes an insight insightful?
- The 5 sources of data you need for meaningful marketing analysis
- What's the #1 obstacle that prevents customer insight from being gleaned?
- Why monthly or quarterly marketing targets might actually prevent remarkable marketing
- Why getting outside of your comfort zone is a critical component in gleaning meaningful customer insights
Referenced on this episode:
- Christine's book, Customer Insight Strategies: https://www.koganpage.com/product/customer-insight-strategies-9781789662504 & https://amzn.to/3umOoJt
Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic: https://chiefmartec.com/2020/04/marketing-technology-landscape-2020-martech-5000/
- [Book] Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman https://amzn.to/3yG4H7L
- [Book] Play Bigger by Al Ramadan, Dave Peterson,Christopher Lochead and Kevin Maney: https://amzn.to/3wABlpn
- Jolt by Richard Tyler: https://amzn.to/3voHyoo
CONNECT WITH CHRISTINE / SOPHIA MARKETING
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY:
For all show ideas, guest recommendations and feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.