Democracy Group Special Episode. Democracy Reform
How will the COVID-19 pandemic change our democracy? Will we become more less divided? We discuss the challenges and opportunities of the current crisis with four podcasters who are all our colleagues in The Democracy Group podcast network.
- Juleyka Lantigua-Williams, Cara Ong Whaley, Mila Atmos and Lee Drutman join Richard to talk about barriers to voting, civic engagement and equal access to the democratic system. They look at what the current crisis means for advocates of democracy reform.
- Juleyka is the creator and executive producer of the Peabody-nominated 70 Million, a documentary podcast about criminal justice reform.
- Cara is Associate Director of James Madison University's Center for Civic Engagement and co-host of "Democracy Matters".
- Mila is executive producer and host of the civic engagement podcast, "Future Hindsight".
- Lee is co-host of "Politics In Question", a podcast about how our institutions are failing us and ideas for fixing them. A senior fellow at New America, Lee is an author, researcher and political commentator.
Jim and Richard also discuss findings of this bonus episode produced for the Democracy Works network that deals with the response to the pandemic.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.