Coca-Cola Amatil's Group Managing Director Alison Watkins on why doing great work isn't enough to get ahead in your career
My guest today is Alison Watkins. Alison joined Coca-Cola Amatil as Group Managing Director in March 2014. Prior to joining Coca-Cola Amatil Alison was the CEO of agribusiness GrainCorp and of Berri, the market leader in Australian juice, and she was also the Managing Director of Regional Banking at ANZ. Alison also spent 10 years at McKinsey & Company and became a partner of the firm before moving to ANZ as Group General Manager Strategy. Alison has been a non-executive director of ANZ, Woolworths and the Just Group.
- How the way she works has changed dramatically since COVID
- Her strategy for delivering bad news
- The best and worst career advice she has been given
- Deciding when to take on board negative feedback, and when not to
- Alison’s approach to influencing others - and why doing good work isn’t enough to get ahead in your career
- And much more.
Connect with Alison on LinkedIn.
Visit https://www.amanthaimber.com/podcast for full show notes from all episodes.
Get in touch at email@example.com
If you are looking for more tips to improve the way you work, I write a short monthly newsletter that contains three cool things that I have discovered that help me work better, which range from interesting research findings through to gadgets I am loving. You can sign up for that at http://howiwork.co
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.