Ep. 134 You Mean Being Bipolar Can Be A Blessing?! How Scout Sobel Built An Empire While Battling Bipolar Disorder
In this episode, we find out why Scout calls her bipolar disorder her most sacred internal compass, how you can empower those who feel helpless to take control over their own lives, and how Scout cultivated the foundational belief that she is safe in her emotions, as well as what you can expect from her book, The Emotional Entrepreneur, and some of the non-negotiable mental health tools she puts into practice on a daily basis, plus a whole lot more! Even if you don’t struggle with mental health issues, there is so much insight, inspiration, and practical advice that you can take away from this conversation, so make sure not to miss it! Tune in today.
Key Points From This Ep:
• Scout’s #1 tip for women entrepreneurs: celebrate every and any win possible!
• How taking radical responsibility for her emotions kickstarted her entrepreneurial journey.
• Find out what she means when she calls her bipolar disorder a ‘sacred internal compass’.
• Hear about some of the free resources and support groups available to you.
• The value of implementing a daily routine that works for you, even if you are a busy parent.
• Scout emphasizes the importance of owning where you say ‘yes’ in your life; say no more!
• How you can take control over 30 minutes of your day to concentrate on nourishing rest.
“Being proud of yourself is my number one tip. Celebrating any and every win possible is the way to move forward.” — Scout Sobel
For All Things HMCP, Check Out Our Instagram Handles:
Hot Marriage. Cool Parents. — https://www.instagram.com/hotmarriagecoolparents/
Jamie — https://www.instagram.com/jamienotis/
Doug — https://www.instagram.com/doughehner/
And Thank You to Our Sponsors:
GoHenry — Teach your kids to make sound financial decisions with gohenry.com and get one month free with the promo code, HMCP.
ReadySlim — Try their 28-day detox tea and get 25 percent off your first order, plus a free collapsible water bottle at readyslim.com/hotmarriage.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Scout Sobel — https://www.scoutsobel.com/
Scout Sobel on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/scoutsobel/
Okay Sis Podcast — https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/okay-sis/id1434353917
SCOUT Podcast — https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/scout/id1505252696
The Emotional Entrepreneur — https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578951754
NAMI Support Groups — https://www.nami.org/Support-Education/Support-Groups
Depressed Anonymous — https://depressedanon.com/
Untamed — https://www.amazon.com/Untamed-Glennon-Doyle-Melton/dp/1984801252
Moleskine — https://www.moleskine.com/
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices