Empathy: The Emotional Toll Teachers Pay - #2
We will be discussing empathy, how it relates to trauma-informed instruction, and how we can combat secondary trauma as educators.
- What is empathy, and what does it have to do with teaching?
- How does empathy relate to trauma-informed instruction?
- What are some signs that a teacher should look out for to know that they are starting to burn out?
- How can teacher’s become more resilient in the face of compassion fatigue and secondary trauma? How can schools help teachers?
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/highedpod/support