'Bachelor' S25 Women Tell All with Chelsea Vaughn
We’re going to begin this week’s podcast with a discussion on Taylor Nolan’s old tweets that resurfaced over the weekend and what accountability, consequence and empathy look like within the community of The Bachelor franchise. The tweets, which included hateful language toward a plethora of communities, were shocking, harmful, hurtful, triggering and absolutely indefensible.
Later in the episode, we discuss the Women Tell All special with style icon and contestant on this season of The Bachelor, Chelsea Vaughn.
Our Calls to Action this week:
- Stop AAPI Hate, an organization which includes a hate crime tracker, founded in the wake of rising and alarming violence toward Asian Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic https://donate.givedirect.org/?cid=14711
- The Asian American Federation, which specifically helps fight racism and for equality for NYC’s Asian community https://www.classy.org/give/253719/#!/donation/checkout
- Center for Disability Rights, a not-for-profit, community-based advocacy and service organization for people with all types of disabilities. https://cdrnys.org/donate/
- The Disability Justice Culture Club, a collective of disabled and/or neurodivergent queer people of color operating out of East Oakland. https://bit.ly/3hONYqp
- The Trevor Project, which provides resources, support and a crisis hotline for LGBTQ+ youth. https://give.thetrevorproject.org/give/63307/#!/donation/checkout?c_src=EOY20&c_src2=headerdonatebutton
- The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, a non-profit, all volunteer, fat-rights organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the quality of life for fat people. https://naafa.org/joindonate
- Jews For Racial and Economic Justice, a NYC-based progressive Jewish organization that fights against anti-Semitism alongside other marginalized communities. https://secure.everyaction.com/MItl2aYLe0-_DmwDEiGULA2
- The Auschwitz-Birkenau memorial and museum, http://auschwitz.org/en/donate/
- The Native American Rights Fund, which provides legal assistance to Indian tribes, organizations, and individuals nationwide who might otherwise have gone without adequate representation. https://secure.narf.org/page/71129/donate/1?_ga=2.154578488.1462526717.1614619917-1113695369.1614619917
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.