Owl Post Edition: J.K. Rowling and Transphobia with Jackson Bird
Today’s owl post episode is in response to J.K. Rowling’s recent and vehement transphobia. We’re joined by our friend Jackson Bird to talk about why it’s important to condemn Rowling, and what we’re thinking about in terms of the future of this podcast.
We are so grateful to the dozens of trans and non-binary people who sent in voicemails for this episode. Thanks to Alicia, Ariel, Cody, Drew, and Lin for the beautiful contributions you can hear in this episode. You can find a playlist that highlights the other voicemails we received here. Thanks also to the coalition of trans and non-binary listeners who emailed us and asked for this episode.
Next week, we’re reading Chapter 12, Magic is Might through the theme of Truth. Some resources we encourage you to check out related to the topic of this episode:
- The Gayly Prophet
- How to Talk and Listen to Transgender People
- Andrew James Carter's Twitter Thread
- Responding to J.K. Rowling's Essay: Is it Anti-Trans
- Harry Potter Saved My Life. J.K. Rowling is Now Endangering Trans People Like Me.
- Understanding Transgender People
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.