#006: John Crinan – Getting the words in, building the habit, and building a network through podcasting.
John Crinan is a writer and podcaster who hails from the rolling hills of Scotland and migrated down to the cobbled smoky streets of London. His work has regularly been featured on The Other Stories podcast, and his new show, The John Crinan podcast, sees John catting with new creators about their work, craft and the difficult business of making stuff and getting shit done.
In this episode we go deep into:
- Why John switched up the rolling hills of Scotland for the smoky streets of London
- Why it’s important to follow through on your word
- Lessons learned from John’s first novel
- The advantages of short writing courses
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with other creatives
- What’s the point in getting up early to work?
- Finding the time to get the words down.
- Why it’s beneficial to find an accountability partner
- Rewarding yourself for the work you do
- How John is tackling Patreon
- Why choose podcasting?
- Keeping up the daily writing habit
John answers questions from Patrons:
Jon Cronshaw: Have you found a way to make consistent money from short fiction?
Find out more about John:
FB & Tw: @JohnCrinan
Links from the show:
Special thanks to :
Intro vocals: Persephone Rose
Show theme: Karl Hughes
Become a Patron of the show! Get exclusive bonus content, find your tribe, and get early access to all episodes.
Thank you to my patrons of the show:
Ian J Middleton
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.