How to Age-Proof Your Brain | Dr. Marc Milstein
If a magic pill existed that could transform the health of your brain and keep it from aging as you got older, would you take it?
We all know that as we age, so does our brain. And with it comes some less-than-favorable effects on cognitive functions like memory, focus, and productivity that might leave you wishing for your more youthful days. But what if there was a way to make our brains more age-proof and less prone to signs of aging like memory loss or even dementia?
My guest today, Dr. Milstein has conducted research on topics including cancer biology and neuroscience, and his work has been published in multiple scientific journals. His new book, The Age-Proof Brain: New Strategies to Improve Memory, Protect Immunity, and Fight Off Dementia, reveals the secrets to improving brain function, and in today's episode, he joins me to share some of those brain-boosting strategies discussed in his book, debunks common misinformation about the aging brain, and even lay out the red flags to look out for as you grow older.
If you LOVED this episode: you’ll also love the conversations we had with Dr. Aviva Romm about how to work with your hormones to optimize health and longevity.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- My New Book Sparked
- My New Podcast SPARKED
- Visit Our Sponsor Page For Great Resources & Discount Codes
- Solo Stove: Use promo code GLP at SoloStove.com for an extra $10 off.
- BetterHelp: Good Life Project is sponsored by BetterHelp. Learn more and save 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/GoodLifeProject
- The Lazy Genius Podcast: Part systems expert, part permission giver, Kendra Adachi, The Lazy Genius, is here to help you be a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don't. Check out The Lazy Genius Podcast now wherever you get your podcasts.
- Air Doctor: The AirDoctor air purifier features patented UltraHEPAR technology that is proven and tested to remove airborne particles as small as 0.003 in size. Head to airdoctorpro.com and use promo code GOODLIFE and, depending on the model, you’ll receive up to 35% off.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.