Nobody Cinematography (with Pawel Pogorzelski) GCS264
NOBODY is a thrilling, high-paced action movie starring BETTER CALL SAUL's Bob Odenkirk. Cinematographer Pawel Pogorzelski shares his experiences coming from films like MIDSOMMAR and HEREDITARY to his first action film.
Pawel and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how the his cinematic approach evolves throughout the movie, his close relationship with the stunt coordinator, why the car chases were the so challenging, lighting for the darkness, and more!
- Working with actor Bob Odenkirk (01:02)
- First experience on an action movie (02:31)
- Character development through camera movement and lighting (06:08)
- Prepping and storyboarding for action movies (09:44)
- How cinematographers work with stunt coordinators (15:07)
- Why car chases are so challenging (21:40)
- Achieving the floating gun shot (28:31)
- Shooting anamorphic with the RED Helium (30:49)
- Recreating a vintage 70s look (34:45)
- Lighting for the darkness (37:22)
- Filming simple dialogue in films (43:07)
- Going from MIDSOMMAR to NOBODY (46:45)
- Making haze look realistic on movies (48:38)
- Most challenging part of filming NOBODY (50:26)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show
Follow Connor Crosby (producer)