114 Get Voice Actors Early in the Project, Practice Emotional Agility, and Fix Your Website with Jay Britton
Award-winning British voice actor, Jay Britton has done 50 titles and over 300 characters ranging from indie studios to AAA developers. Games include Divinity Original Sin 2, FIFA 17, Starcraft 2, and more.
- Voice actors should be experts in creating characters
- Get them involved in a project as soon as possible
- Table reads is a great way to establish characters
- 90% of having a successful voice acting career is what you do outside the booth
- Foster emotional agility because your lines will have an angry element to it, then the next line will be sad, then the next line will be happy.
- On your website, have a video game demo and an email on the front page
- Find people who will give you truthful criticism
- Use a clicker to create spikes during recording so it’s easier to find that particular point when editing
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in ranking higher.
Subscribe to the podcast if you felt inspired and loved this content.
Sign up for Tony's email newsletter at gamedevloadout.com/subscribe