Ep 99: Talking About Race with Ijeoma Oluo
This week Kate discusses the deep waver, aka her "new" hairstyling super tool, and Doree gets closer to boob liberation and reflects on how it feels to look at old photos of yourself. Then they welcome Ijeoma Oluo, author of the NY Times bestselling book, So You Want to Talk About Race. She talks about how to approach conversations about race, the way cultural appropriation ties into popular wellness practices, the need for more accessibility and inclusion when it comes to hair and beauty products, and why makeup is key to her self-care.
To leave a voicemail for a future mini-ep, call 781-591-0390. You can also email the podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram and join the Forever35 Facebook Group (Password: Serums).
This episode is sponsored by:
- Buffy - For $20 off a comforter visit buffy.co and enter promo code F35 at checkout.
- Away - For $20 off a suitcase visit awaytravel.com/serums and enter promo code serums at checkout.
- Joybird - Head to joybird.com/forever35 for 25% off your first order with promo code FOREVER35.
- ThirdLove - Get 15% off your first purchase when you go to thirdlove.com/forever.
- TodayTix - Go to todaytix.com/forever35 for $10 off your first purchase.
- Proven Skincare - Go to www.provenskincare.com/forever35 and use promo code FOREVER 35 to get 10% off.
Theme music by Riot.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.