Ep 117: Scheduling Joy with Jen Gotch
*In June 2020 Jen Gotch resigned from her position as Chief Creative Officer at Ban.do after allegations came to light of racism within the company and by Jen herself. When this episode aired, we were unaware of the climate at Ban.do, and hope that the company and Jen will follow through on their promises to create a more respectful and inclusive workplace. We’ve left this episode up to maintain transparency with listeners.
Kate starts playing Animal Crossing to relax and struggles with diet culture messaging during social distancing, and Doree begins to plan for Henry’s first birthday, quarantine-style. Then they're joined by Jen Gotch, co-founder of ban.do and author of The Upside of Being Down, who discusses her mental health and therapy journey, why she schedules fun on her calendar, how she's embraced aging, and why “Desert Jen” is an entirely different person than “LA Jen.”
To leave a voicemail for a future episode, call 781-591-0390. You can also email the podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This episode is sponsored by:
- RITUAL - For 10% off during your first three months visit ritual.com/FOREVER35
- STORYWORTH - For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/forever35.
- FIGS - For 15% off your first purchase from FIGS, go to wearfigs.com and enter promo code FOREVER at checkout.
- TALKSPACE - Get your first week free of Talkspace when you visit talkspace.com use promo code FOREVER35.
- Lean Out by Tara Henley - You can purchase Lean Out from your favorite audiobook retailer or visit penguinrandomhouse.ca to learn more!
Theme music by Riot.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.