Let's Talk About Fibroids
We’ve been wanting to cover fibroids for the longest time, and specifically wanted to interview a black woman on this topic since African-American women have a higher prevalence of fibroids, and experience more severe symptoms and unique concerns. We were SO happy to find Dr. Soyini Hawkins, a board-certified, fellowship-trained Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• Whether or not black women have a higher prevalence of fibroids
• Symptoms of fibroids and how to find out if you have them
• Ways to manage fibroids via lifestyle changes and/or medical treatment
• How to decide when fibroid surgery is appropriate & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
For our resources and shownotes, visit foodheavenmadeeasy.com/podcast.
Produced by Dear Media