Episode 59 - Democratized Creativity feat. Sketchfab
This week, we dived into the first trend in our Outlook 2020 report with special guest, Alban Denoyel, co-founder and CEO of Sketchfab. Together with co-hosts Scott and Adam, the trio dissected how new technologies and creative tools have democratized creativity and given rise to the meme culture, the roles that Sketchfab plays as a 3D content distribution platform, and how brands can correctly tap into this trend to be organically included in online conversations.
In this episode:
- Slacking off: a new segment where Lab members pick their favorite news items from our hyper-active Slack channels
- Adam — Bytedance, maker of TikTok, introduced a productivity tool
- Alban — Roblox raising $150 million and being valued at $4 billion
- Scott — People are live streaming while they sleep on TikTok
- How advances in technology have democratized access to creative tools and empowered people to share their creations
- How Sketchfab facilitates the creation and distribution of 3D assets
- How creative formats will evolve as AR and VR adoptions grow
- How brands can tap into this trend of democratized creativity and meme culture
- Floor 9 Mailbag: submit your questions on Twitter @ipglab
- We laugh about Adam’s mic check
- Alban’s Fav 3D Assets on Sketchfab
- Read more about the Democratized Creativity in our Outlook 2020 trend report
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.