Episode 55 — CES 2020 Recap Part 2: What the Lab Experts Say
Welcome back to Floor 9! We are kicking off 2020 with a trio of CES recap episodes, recorded live in Vegas on the last day of CES. In part 2, your host Scott interviews two dynamic duos of lab experts to get their hot takes on this year’s CES. First up, Scott chatted with Chad Stoller (Global Innovation Officer of UM and Managing Partner of the Lab) and Ben Hone (Director of Client Services), two CES veterans, to hear their lovely banter and unique insights on CES trends. Next, Scott was joined by Josh Mallalieu (SVP, Group Partner) and Ryan Miller (Manager of Partnership) from the Lab to share their thoughts and takeaways on CES as
What We Covered:
- Overall impression of this CES and how the show will and should evolve
- Personal favorites from the show — WaterGen water filtration system, Nissan pro-pilot golf ball, Royale’s wrap-around display, retail display and signage innovations, elder care technology, GJS Robots
- Curiously missing from the show floors — the absence of telecom companies and Chinese tech companies, as well as gaming & esports tech
- The reasons behind why 5G is missing from the show floors this year
- Emerging trends spotted at CES — consumerization of digital health, the expansion of play tech, ambient computing at home,
- Brand takeaways from CES 2020
- We laugh about Ben’s CLMs (career-limiting moves) and Ryan’s self-deprecating humor at his fantastic Future of Play panel
In case you missed it, you can find Part 1 of our CES recap podcast here.
Check out our high-level CES trend recap published in AdWeek here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.