Episode 51 - Let The Streaming Wars Begin feat. Chad Stoller
Welcome back to Floor 9. This week, hosts Scott and Adam are joined by Chad Stoller, the Global Chief Innovation Officer at UM, to talk all about the intensifying streaming wars. Recorded on the day of the U.S. launch of Disney+, we start with our first impressions on Disney+ and how it stacks up to existing competitors, before moving on to discuss how we think the U.S. streaming landscape will play out over the next 5 years. We also talk about Netflix’s huge lead in global markets and Apple’s impressive streaming video quality, and how brands should respond in an age where viewers have more ad-free content options than ever.
What We Covered:
- Disney+ first impressions and Disney’s biggest advantages
- Different strategies of the varying new streaming services
- Why Disney+ is a valuable tool for customer acquisition and data collection
- How the streaming landscape will evolve over the next five years or so
- Netflix’s enormous lead in global markets and how the competitors stack up
- The rise of in-content brand integrations as viewers flock to ad-free SVOD services
- The impressive streaming video quality of Apple TV+ and what it means for the future of 4k content
- A quick review of the current original content slate from Apple TV+
- Apple’s contribution to the streaming landscape
- BAMTech and the technical advantage it grants owner Disney
- We laugh about Scott not getting Chad’s sports analogy
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.