Episode 50 🎉 — The Future of Social Media & Online Communities
Welcome to our big Hawaii Five-O episode, where we take a deep dive into the future of social media and what they will mean for brands. Joined by Christina, co-hosts Scott and Adam discussed everything from the rise of TikTok to the new connected communities that are forming online as social media is slowly being unbundled into new platforms and niche communities, social media advertising will need to evolve with the advances in social platforms and how people communicate and connect with each other online.
What We Covered:
- The unique way TikTok surface content and engage users
- Why cultural context matters for understanding the TikTok memes and jokes
- Prognosticating whether TikTok will have staying power in the West
- How Gen Z use different social media platforms (TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.)
- Facebook’s pivot towards private social channels (messaging and groups)
- How does the state of social media impact their ad products and consumer attention
- How social media is being disintegrated into various emerging platforms and connected communities based on niche interests, such as The Woolfer
- How these growing trends in social media are changing the way brands can reach consumers online and engage with online communities
- We laugh about Scott’s niche interest (strange obsession) in “birds with arms”
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.