Episode 48 - The State of Voice Tech and What's Ahead in 2020
Following Amazon’s big announcements from its packed Echo event last week, we had the pleasure of chatting with Eric Turkington, vice president of strategic partnerships at Rain, a creative agency that specializes in voice and conversational interfaces, about Amazon’s voice strategy, the status quo of voice tech adoption, the challenges and efforts in finding better use cases for voice, and the brand opportunities that lie within. Overall, this is an episode of lively conversations and differing opinions that come together to paint a dynamic picture of where the voice technology may be heading in 2020 and beyond. If you wish to keep up with what’s happening in the world of voice tech and get a peek of what the future might hold, this episode is a must-listen!
What We Covered:
- Highlights from the Amazon hardware event and what they say about Amazon’s overall voice strategy
- How Alexa stacks up against competitors like Google Assistant and Siri, and the current state of the home platform war
- How brands have been leveraging voice tech to reach consumers, the challenges they encounter, and possible solutions to them
- The next frontier for Alexa and other voice assistants beyond home, and how they could develop new use cases
- Some general thoughts on how the voice computing space will develop in 2020 and beyond
- We laugh about how no one ever asks Samsung’s Bixby for anything
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.