Episode 46 - Are we human, or are we influencers?
In this episode, we sit down with Oscar Ortega, VP of Talent at the UM Studios team, and Adam Simon, executive director of strategy at the Lab, to discuss the status quo and the future of influencer economy. Starting with the very definition of “influencer,” the dominant social and live-streaming platforms on which they depend, and the increasing fraud found in today’s influencer economy, we dissect in detail the ins and outs of the industry and the dynamic push-and-pull between influencers and the platforms. Then, we turn our eyes to the future and the up-and-coming synthetic influencers. Compared to human influencers, these virtual influencers bring new opportunities and interesting challenges for brand marketers to navigate and experiment with.
What We Covered:
- The definition of an “influencer”
- The dominant influencer platforms
- The latest developments in the influencer economy
- The shifting landscape of gaming streaming
- The power dynamic between influencers and platforms
- The emergence of synthetic influencers and their pros and cons
- The facilitating factors of the rise of synthetic influencers
- What brands should pay special attention to in this space
- We laugh about the Pineapple influencer account Scott started
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.