Episode 44 - Facebook Plots World Domination with Libra
In this episode, we start in the future with a short story about a world dominated by Facebook’s Libra after it took over as the global currency. Then we come back to the present where Scott chats with Adam and Christina from our strategy team on just how likely that Libra-dominated future could be. We also get to hear from two members of our global team, Felipe Kopaitic from our LatAm team and Kambiz Djafar from our EMEA team, who shared their thoughts on how Libra adoption could play out in their respective region. If you’ve read about Libra and still have a lot of questions about it, or simply want to learn more about this topic, then this episode is for you!
What We Covered:
- What the world would look like if Libra were to become the global currency
- The many challenges that Facebook faces in launching Libra next year
- The benefits that Facebook stands to gain from Libra and the resulting privacy concerns
- The importance of earning consumer trust and overcoming regulatory hurdles
- How the LatAm and European markets will likely respond to Libra
- Takeaways for brand marketers wondering how Libra will impact consumer behavior
We only had time to read the first part of the speculative short story that Richard wrote. If interested, you can read the full version of the short story here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.