Episode 42 - D2C are going Out Of Home
In this week’s episode, we are joined by Kenton Langstroth from Intersection, a smart cities technology and out-of-home advertising company based in NYC. And Terri Rockovich, a direct-to-consumer marketing veteran and founder of D2C pet food brand Jinx. The last few years have seen substantial growth of D2C brands, leveraging social media and lifestyle content to directly connect with key demographics through digital channels. In the past year or so, however, they are increasingly branching out of social media into new marketing channels such as OOH, print, and brick-and-mortar retail. We chat with the two industry insiders to chart the trajectory of D2C brand marketing and pick their brains for insights.
What We Covered:
- Terri’s experience in the D2C world
- Kenton explains what Intersection does and what is LinkNYC
- How Casper disrupted the mattress industry by leveraging the advantages of a D2C brand
- How the D2C branding and marketing strategy is evolving
- Why many D2C brands are turning to OOH ads to reach new audiences
- The unique advantages that DOOH ads provide in contrast to social media ads
- Brand takeaways for learning from the rise of D2C brands
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.