Episode 33 - Live from CES 2019
Welcome back to Floor 9! Once again, the Lab team is starting the new year strong to bring you our insider take on the 2019 CES. As the biggest consumer tech convention on earth, CES showcases the latest trends in innovation and sets the tone for the rest of the year. The Lab team (Scott, Angel, Adam, and Christina) recap what we saw from the show floor and summarize the trends, which includes:
- 5G and 8K are “getting ahead of ourselves”
- Smart home turns into a full-on platform war
- A recap on Eureka Park, the section showcasing international startups
- Emerging corporate innovation models at this CES
- Apple’s looming non-presence at CES
- We laugh about Scott’s delayed realization of Apple’s wordplay on its billboard
In the second half of the episode, we are joined by our brilliant team of LatAm Lab Ambassadors to talk about CES trends through the lens of the LatAm markets. Together, Florencia Crosta (Regional Director of Investments, Intelligence and Innovation for Latinoamerica), Felipe Kopaitic (Regional Digital Director for UL at IPG Mediabrands), and Santiago Garcés (Regional Account Director at IPG Mediabrands) shared their thoughts on attending CES for the first time, contextualizing 5G and voice assistants for the LatAm region, the democratization of healthcare, and how Google may have a strong advantage in the region compared to Apple and Amazon.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.