Episode 23 - The State of VR vs. AR feat. Tony Parisi
This week, we had the pleasure of chatting with Tony Parisi, Global Head of VR/AR Brand Solutions at Unity Technologies, on what is going on right now in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). Starting with the VR space, we dissect the challenges that VR faces in consumer adoption, discussed the enterprise applications of VR, and debated the best option for VR experiences at the moment before moving on to the AR space. Tony shared some interesting insider takes on the Magic Leap headset, what surprised him, and why we remain a bit skeptical about its prospects. We also talked about how and why mobile is driving AR adoption and whether AR/VR headsets will converge in the future. This is a fast-paced episode jam-packed with great insights, which you can download and listen here.
What We Covered:
- Main challenges hindering mainstream VR headset adoption
- The enterprise use cases and adoption of VR technologies
- The best option for a first-time VR experience
- Evaluating the new Magic Leap AR headset release
- How and why mobile is driving AR adoption
- The future of AR headsets and if AR/VR will converge
- Some great takeaways for brands exploring VR/AR
- Tony shares exciting news about Unity's latest AR ad product
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.