FFR 155: Judas and the Black Messiah
Continuing our month-long series of episodes focusing on work by Black creators, on today’s podcast we’re taking a look at Judas and the Black Messiah. Directed by Shaka King, the Sundance 2021 premiering film has earned both critical acclaim and scrutiny. Can a Hollywood movie adequately tell a story about political radicals? Does Judas and the Black Messiah do justice to Fred Hampton? Listen in to hear our thoughts.
6:43 - Main discussion on Judas and the Black Messiah
41:48 - What’s your Freq Out?
- Anita on the TV series Ted Lasso
- “Judas and the Black Messiah Is What Happens When Hollywood Co-opts Radical History” by Angelica Jade Bastién, Vulture, February 11, 2021 - https://www.vulture.com/article/judas-and-the-black-messiah-movie-review-hbo-max.html
- “Judas and the Black Messiah is a Call to Action [Review]” by Jourdain Searles, okayplayer, February 11, 2021 - https://www.okayplayer.com/culture/judas-and-the-black-messiah-review.html
- Join our Patreon
- Our Website
- Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to our Star Trek Podcast