FFR 144: Proxima
In Alice Winocour’s new film Proxima, astronaut Sarah (played by Eva Green) faces challenges her male colleagues do not while making preparations to depart for a year aboard the ISS. As Sarah tries to balance the personal and professional, her daughter Stella goes on an emotional journey of her own, struggling with the consequences of her mother’s work. Join us as we discuss how the film presents the familiar misogynistic complications presented by “the work/life balance” in the Earth-side life of an extraordinary human headed for the stars.
8:19 - Main Discussion on Proxima
43:31 - What’s Your Freq Out?
- Anita on the novel Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis
- Caro on Dems’ call for Centrism
- Everyone on Election results
- Join our Patreon
- Our Website
- Subscribe to FFR on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to our Star Trek Podcast