Improve Your Beauty Literacy with The Lipstick Lesbians
Alexis Androulakis and Christina Basias, the duo behind viral account @thelipsticklesbians and founders of the brand Fempower Beauty, are on a mission to make you a more informed beauty customer! We talked about their relationship, how activism powers their work, and what they want to do with their platform. Plus, they explain how contract manufacturers work; how quickly innovation spreads in the beauty industry; why quality pearl (i.e., shimmer) costs are high and stock packaging costs are low; which luxury products are worth your money; the best bargain dupes; and what sales associates really think when they come into Sephora, Target, or Ulta Beauty to film one of their videos.
- Products mentioned in this episode: shopmy.us/collections/31511
- Episode recap with links: fatmascara.com/blog/lipstick-lesbians
- Sponsor links & discount codes: fatmascara.com/sponsors
- Private Facebook Group: Fat Mascara Raising a Wand
- Social media: @fatmascara, @jessicamatlin, @jenn_edit
- Submit a "Raise A Wand" product recommendation and be featured on the show: email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 646-481-8182
Become a member at https://plus.acast.com/s/fatmascara.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.