Back-to-School Beauty & Trend Forecasting with Gen Z Expert Casey Lewis
Casey Lewis, author of After School, a Substack newsletter about youth culture and Gen Z trends, has made a career of talking to (and about) teens and young adults. She’s here to explain why those ridiculously named beauty trends (pumpkin-spice makeup anyone?) go viral and the larger cultural implications of micro-trends; which brands and products everyone wants this back-to-school season; the speed of today’s trend cycle; how teen media has evolved in the past 20 years; the draw of nostalgia—and the beauty products she’s personally obsessed with.
- Products mentioned in this episode: shopmy.us/collections/246386
- Episode recap with links: fatmascara.com/blog/casey-lewis
- Sponsor links & discount codes: fatmascara.com/sponsors
- Private Facebook Group: Fat Mascara Raising a Wand
- Social media: @fatmascara, @jessicamatlin, @jenn_edit
- Submit a "Raise A Wand" product recommendation and be featured on the show: email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 646-481-8182
Become a member at https://plus.acast.com/s/fatmascara.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.