Best of FM: Philosopher Heather Widdows
Lookism, or looks-based discrimination, doesn’t get society’s attention like sexism and racism, but philosopher Heather Widdows thinks it should. In one of our favorite interviews (originally aired in 2021, presented here with a new September 2023 intro), she explains the ethics of beauty and why beauty companies use moral language (“Be your best self!”) to sell products. This episode will make you rethink the way you talk about (and judge) other people's looks—and reconsider the way you respond when others comment on your appearance.
- Products mentioned in this episode: shopmy.us/collections/241376
- Episode recap with links: fatmascara.com/best-of-fat-mascara/2023/9/heather-widdows
- Sponsor links & discount codes: fatmascara.com/sponsors
- Private Facebook Group: Fat Mascara Raising a Wand
- Social media: @fatmascara, @jessicamatlin, @jenn_edit
- Submit a "Raise A Wand" product recommendation and be featured on the show: email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 646-481-8182
Become a member at https://plus.acast.com/s/fatmascara.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.