Ep. 487: Smartphone Face, Ozempic Hair, and the Week’s Beauty News
Why do some actors look out of place in period films and TV series? Dazed Beauty writer Kleigh Balugo calls it “smartphone face”—that thing where people look too modern to have lived before the 21st century. Is it cosmetic injectables, too-perfect brows, orthodontics, better nutrition, or maybe all the above? And what about people whose faces seem old-timey? What gives them that classic look? Let’s discuss! Then, we’re talking about how weight-loss drugs affect your hair; Oprah’s skincare investment; beauty tourism in Turkey (Türkiye); and health concerns related to hair relaxers. Plus, another body scrub that’s a bargain (aka, a “tight price point”), a multitasking tinted pencil for ages 19 to 99, and a makeup bag that doesn’t get gross.
- Products mentioned in this episode: shopmy.us/collections/163567
- Episode recap with links (including skin-cancer screening link): fatmascara.com/blog
- Sponsor links & discount codes: fatmascara.com/sponsors
- Private Facebook Group: Fat Mascara Raising a Wand
- Social media: @fatmascara, @jessicamatlin, @jenn_edit
- Submit a "Raise A Wand" product recommendation and be featured on the show: email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 646-481-8182
Become a member at https://plus.acast.com/s/fatmascara.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.