How to be Hopeful with Bernadette Russell
Bernadette Russell is a writer and performer who is also an expert in kindness and hope. In 2011 she happened upon an idea, to do a daily act of kindness every day for a year, and quickly learned how quickly kindness can spread and how, if you actually look for it, you can see kindness everywhere.
In this episode Bernadette and I discuss:
- The benefits of kindness.
- What to do if kindness isn't accepted.
- How to manage your expectations around kindness.
- The positivity bias that exists in children that we lose as we age.
- The link between hope and compassion.
- How hope can gather pace when you share it with others.
- How to use hope as a way to quiet negativity.
Bernadette's book How to Be Hopeful is available now from all good book shops.
To join the closed Facebook group for the podcast click here >> The Emma Guns Show Forum.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.