How To Leverage Fear And Struggle Into Unbelievable Success – Akshay Nanavati (Ep. 277)
Akshay Nanavati, United States Marine veteran, speaker, entrepreneur, ultra runner and author of the book Fearvana, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Akshay talks about his book Fearvana: The Revolutionary Science of How to Turn Fear into Health, Wealth and Happiness and he discusses leveraging your greatest struggles into your greatest success. He breaks down the truth about fear and about negative emotions and why these can both be incredible propellers for growth and happiness in life. Akshay also talks about is ultra marathon runs, pitch-black weeklong retreats, and pushing himself both physically and mentally in all areas of life. If you’re wondering how to turn your biggest struggles into success, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Using the power of fear to propel yourself into greatness
- The concept behind Fearvana and leveraging your struggles for success
- The reason why Akshay joined the military and became a marine
- The self-harm and self-destructive behavior Akshay had before joining the military and why he did these things to himself
- The pain and self-destructive habits that humans can have when they don’t have a purpose in life
- Finding your worthy struggle
- Why Akshay runs crazy marathons including 50-mile runs at night
- The hardest and most challenging runs both physically and mentally that Akshay has done
- What goes through his mind when he’s doing a race and what he tell himself to keep pushing forward and not quit
- Spending 7 days in a pitch-black cave and what this crazy experience taught him about life and gratitude
- Seeing light in the darkness
- The most profound part of the lightness retreat
- What Akshay wrote in his journal while in the dark for 7 days
- How he survived with regard to food and water
- How Akshay connected with the Dalai Lama and got his endorsement for his book
- Accepting your emotions and becoming an observer of them as opposed to reacting automatically
- Being with what is but not becoming what is
- Engaging your fears and using them to propel you into unbelievable success
- Looking at the good side of “negative” emotions, including anxiety and depression in some cases
- Having the tools to navigate pain in your life, not trying to eliminate the pain for the rest of your life
- Developing a positive relationship with struggle
- Finding the blessings in disguise in the worst moments of your life
Check out Akshay on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!