379: EHG Listener Fall Forcening
Your co-hosts weren't feeling that psyched about any of this week's TV premieres -- sorry, Judy Justice on IMDbTV -- so we invited our Patreon supporters to pitch and then vote on TV episodes for us to discuss under the rubric Fall Forcenings. Thus we are going in on L.A. Law's "Good To The Last Drop" with guest Adam Grosswirth, who originally watched it as a pre-teen and...learned a lot about hysterectomies and their possible side effects? Around The Dial takes us through Insecure, Queens, The Big Leap, The Good Wife, and The Good Fight. Adam makes the case for Max Headroom's series premiere, "Blipverts," to be inducted into The Canon. Then after an extra-spooky Winner and Loser, it's on to a Game Time that doesn't overstay its welcome. Look out: it's a new episode of Extra Hot Great!
- Fall Forcening: L.A. Law S05.E16: "Good To The Last Drop"
- ATD: Insecure
- ATD: Queens
- ATD: The Big Leap
- ATD: The Good Wife
- ATD: The Good Fight
- The Canon: Max Headroom S01.E01: Blipverts
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: One-Season Wonders
- Adam Grosswirth on Twitter
- "Good To The Last Drop" on Dailymotion
- "TV producer Steven Bochco says he fired lead actor from Murder One because one particular bathroom habit made him an hour late for work EVERY DAY" on DailyMail.com
- The latest Again With This podcast, featuring Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, aka The Fug Girls
- The Muppeturgy podcast
- Baffled! on YouTube
- "Live And Direct: The Definitive Oral History Of 1980s Digital Icon Max Headroom" at The Verge
- Photo: 20th Century Fox Television
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.