333: Is Tiny Pretty Things On Point?
First-time guest Kamille joins us for a conversation about Tiny Pretty Things, Netflix's new Center Stage-with-teens ballet thriller (?), and while she watched the whole thing, neither she nor the fulltime panel thinks it's good. But aside from the wretched VO, suspect acting, unwelcome parallels to 13 Reasons Why and decided un-Frenchness of cartoon villain Lauren Holly, is TPT a good time-waster? Not to worry: we found you some definite time-wasters when we went Around The Dial with The Wilds and 12 Dates Of Christmas, panned Deliciousness, and helped you cut down that HBO-documentary backlog with a watch-skip index of recent prestige true crime. We couldn't help but wonder if Sex & The City's fourth-season premiere was the Canon's soulmate. Boots Riley and Jharrel Jerome won (for now), Ellen and Ellen lost (again), and Suley wassailed us with a TV/Christmas song Game Time. Don't let the dorm mother catch you listening to an all-new Extra Hot Great!
- Tiny Pretty Things
- ATD: The Wilds
- ATD: Deliciousness
- ATD: 12 Dates Of Christmas
- ATD: HBO true-crime documentaries
- The Canon: Sex & The City S04.E01: The Agony and the Ex-tacy
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: The Caroling Burnett Show
- Kamille Washington on Twitter
- Kamille's podcast (with past guest Christina Tucker) Unfriendly Black Hotties
- Tara's Pennyworth piece on Decider
- The Quaid In Full podcast
- Tara and Sarah talk about their 90210 book on the People Still Read Books podcast
- ...and about Northpole on Dave And Jeb Aren't Mean
- Sarah's HBO-docs coverage at Primetimer
- The Mark And Sarah Talk About Songs Patreon page
- Photo: Netflix
- Talk about this episode on its dedicated page on ExtraHotGreat.com
- Tweet at us @ExtraHotPodcast on Twitter
- We are @ExtraHotGreat on Instagram
SUPPORT EHG ON PATREON
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.