288: Should You Gamble On McMillions?
Even though Eve and Sarah D. spend most weekdays thinking about the true crime that's worth your time for their newsletter, they still didn't know much about the Mobbed-up McDonald's Monopoly-game fraud case that's at the center of HBO's McMillions. Will this docuseries join the scam-umentary pantheon alongside The Dropout and The Imposter? Is Doug Mathews the write-in presidential candidate we need now? And why aren't off-camera docu directors ever mic'd properly? After we considered those questions, we went Around The Dial with BoJack Horseman, The Outsider and other HBO Sunday-night offerings, the end of The Good Place, and Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet. Eve screened an episode of Home Movies for the Canon; then Tim Robinson won and Terry Crews lost, before we filled in the blanks -- in pen! -- in a history-making Game Time. Grab a light meter and go undercover for an all-new Extra Hot Great!
- ATD: BoJack Horseman
- ATD: Curb Your Enthusiasm
- ATD: The Outsider
- ATD: The Good Place
- ATD: Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet
- The Canon: Home Movies S04.E01: Everyone's Entitled To My Opinion
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: TV Crossword
- The Daily Beast post on the case
- Margaret Lyons's review for the NYT
- The documentary about the McDonald's hot-coffee lawsuit, plus Dr. Marcia Chatelain's Franchise: The Golden Arches In Black America
- Eve's dog goes bazoo for McD's fries
- Tara on Citations Needed
- Tara's BoJack review for VF
- Sarah on Ted Bundy: Falling For A Killer and I Am A Killer for Primetimer
- Photo: Christian Wiediger
- Talk about this episode on its dedicated page on ExtraHotGreat.com
- Tweet at us @ExtraHotPodcast on Twitter
- We are @ExtraHotGreat on Instagram
SUPPORT EHG ON PATREON
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.