284: Sinking Our Teeth Into Dracula
The BBC rolled out Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat's Dracula on New Year's Day; we Yanks endured it over the weekend, and Nick and the panel agree that this grimly joyless take on a careworn narrative needs SOMETHING. A modern-day setting, maybe? Mini bottle eps on every famous personage the Count has eaten? But it just seems like the creators didn't really want to be there...and as a result, we didn't either. Going Around The Dial is more fun, with looks at Dare Me, You, Magic For Humans, Spinning Out, and Dave's tips for pepping up a Frasier rewatch. Then Nick returns us to the cemetery with his Nonac presentation on Buffy's fifth-season premiere. Killing Eve won, Witcher what-about-ers lost, and Steal Meals were flyin' in a very meta Game Time. Stake your claim to 2020's first all-new Extra Hot Great!
- ATD: Dare Me
- ATD: You
- ATD: Magic For Humans
- ATD: Spinning Out
- ATD: Frasier
- The Canon: Buffy The Vampire Slayer S05.E01: Buffy vs. Dracula
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Televisual Pursuit
- Did British viewers stick around after Night 1 of Dracula?
- Tara's top 10 eps of the decade on Culturally Relevant
- Sarah on why to watch Surviving R. Kelly Part 2: The Reckoning
- Nick Rheinwald-Jones's Safehouse '82
- Nick Rheinwald-Jones's The Pod
- Photo: BBC
- Talk about this episode on its dedicated page on ExtraHotGreat.com
- Tweet at us @ExtraHotPodcast on Twitter
- We are @ExtraHotGreat on Instagram
SUPPORT EHG ON PATREON
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up a 3:15am and clean your house. Or something. In all seriousness, we are humbled by your continued prodding to get a Patreon page up for EHG and here it is! Extra Hot Great on Patreon
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.