0196 - Talking about Process Data with Cormac Garvey
Hosts: Anugrah Gupta and Sindhusuta Mohanty
We are very pleased to have Cormac Garvey with us today.
Cormac’s career spans factory automation, control systems, systems architecture, software prototyping and information modelling.
· Cormac, before we start, can you introduce us to your world.
· You’ve described yourself as working at the plumbing end of data analytics. Can you explain what that means?
· Who uses the data and what do they use it for?
· Having worked with and mastered a wide range of software tools over your career, what go-to approaches are in your consulting toolbox?
· Can you give us a sketch of your approach to requirements capture?
· How do you approach conceptual design? Both as an individual consultant and as a member of a team?
· And translating a conceptual design into the full project?
· What for you, is the essence of design?
Well, we’ll wrap up there.
Thank you for sharing your ideas with us today.
Cormac’s profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cormac-garvey-9a34503/
Cormac’s start-up is HAL Software – a standards-based software design tool for process control and MES environments (manufacturing execution systems).
Watch the 2 minute HAL overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1cEYaqr-k
Cormac is a member of and/or participates in:
· The OPCUA REST subgroup
· The Open Process Automation Forum
· And the “biophorum”
The OPC Foundation (Open Platform Communications), an industry consortium that develops standards for connectivity of industrial automation devices and systems.
OPC UA (Unified Architecture) is a cross-platform, open-source standard for data exchange from sensors to cloud applications developed by the OPC Foundation.
IEC 62541 is the international standard describing the OPC UA information model.
ISA-88, S88, aka ANSI/ISA88, is a standard addressing batch process control.
ISA-95 aka Enterprise-Control System Integration. An automation workflow standard.
Title: Voltaic Fluctuations
Artist: Ben Prunty
License: Non-transferable license. Permission granted by Ben Prunty
Title: Complex collage
Artist: Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.