0198 - Seeding Innovation with Gary Leyden
Hosts: Zi Wang and Lakshit Chamoli
We are very pleased to have Gary Leyden with us today.
Gary’s business career is distinguished by building new lines of business, founding, and investing in new ventures.
· Gary, before we start, can you share some of the highlights of your career thus far?
· Introduce us to InsTech.ie and the motivation behind it? [founder journey – btw is there a connection to Insurtechireland.org?]
· How is InsTech.ie prompting innovation among its members? [benchmarking with Ninety]
· Talk us through some of the challenges of creating innovation in a regulated sector? [approaches in different jurisdictions, EU institutions, Central Bank of Ireland, UK FCA, etc.]
· How have other locations sparked innovation capability in Insurance and what can Ireland learn from them? [London]
· Insurance is all about data and risk information. Is there any unused data left? [yes]
· Does the insurance industry have the space for more data literacy roles, in addition to the actuaries? [yes, role for new Insurtech start-ups]
· What is the potential for new data-driven services or products in insurance? [examples, regulated entities, sandbox]
Well, we’ll wrap up there.
Thank you for sharing your ideas with us today.
https://www.instech.ie - Benchmarking Approach
Title: Voltaic Fluctuations
Artist: Ben Prunty
License: Non-transferable license. Permission granted by Ben Prunty
Title: Complex collage
Artist: Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.