0209 - Prompts for Change with Suzanne Brennan
Hosts: Joe and Adam
We are delighted to have Suzanne Brennan with us today. Suzanne works as Innovation Lead at InsTech.ie.
- To start, Suzanne, can you tell us a little about yourself and about InsTech?
- Can you give us a sketch of the Insurance sector in Ireland (local market, global market, retail/commercial, insurance/reinsurance).
- Talk about challenges to the insurance industry from an innovation perspective?
- And how is the industry responding to disruptive technologies?
- You recently launched a report focusing on the future of insurance in Ireland.
- What was the motivation behind the project?
- Can you talk us through the research design, the methodology?
- Why did you start with insights and interviews rather than the traditional survey and questionnaire?
- How are useful are surveys and questionnaires?
- What worked well and what would you change if you had to do it again?
- So, the report is aimed at capability building in the industry. How do you imagine a member organisation will act on the findings?
- How can Design Thinking be used to enact and enable organisational change and transformation?
- How important is diversity in the creative process? Is that something you pay particular attention to?
- The role of leadership – the old model of leadership is defunct to some extent, in that for the process of innovation it is not necessarily assumed that the leader has all the ideas / answers. However, is there a role for a leader within the team and, if so, what is it?
- Psychological safety is really important if the creative process is a team effort. It requires the team to listen and withhold immediate judgement so that ideas are aired and properly considered. How do you facilitate this process?
- Creativity and motivation are somewhat interlinked – the creative ability coupled with the desire and motivation to create something useful, beautiful, or different. How do you identify creative people and how do you support the creative process?
- Any questions from the audience?
Well, we’ll wrap up there. Thank you for talking with us today and sharing your knowledge and expertise.
InsTech.ie website: https://www.instech.ie
Insurance Innovation Capability Report 2023 - https://www.instech.ie/insurance-innovation-capability-report-2023
Title: Voltaic Fluctuations
Artist: Ben Prunty
License: Non-transferable license. Permission granted by Ben Prunty
Title: Complex collage
Artist: Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.