0199 - Building Data Platforms with James Egan
Hosts: Harshitha Jayasimha, Abhishek Sabharwal
We are very pleased to welcome James Egan, software consultant at Murex.
Can you tell us a little about yourself to start?
· Talk about the industry space that Murex operates in?
· Do developers need Financial Services knowledge to work in this space?
· Having trained as an engineer, how did you get into product management?
· How does the product development side interact with the customer facing side?
· What approaches do you take to gathering and managing requirements? [expand on approach to Agile – SAFE]
· What do you look for in new hires? [Fast, willing learners, open minds, problem solvers.]
· Go-to tools and techniques for the job?
· Where do you see design taking place? What is design? [architecture, interface, lines-of-code; design philosophy?]
Well, we’ll wrap up there.
Thank you for sharing your ideas with us today.
Title: Voltaic Fluctuations
Artist: Ben Prunty
License: Non-transferable license. Permission granted by Ben Prunty
Title: Complex collage
Artist: Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.