0204 - Christina Phillips - BAEF Educator Interview
I am delighted to be joined by Christina Phillips, the founder and force behind the Business Analytics Educators Forum.
Christina is a senior lecturer in business analytics at Liverpool John Moores University and has worked in applied scienced research for industry.
· To start, can you tell us a little about your own background and your perspective on data analytics?
o How is analytics being used in industry?
o Is data analytics an intrinsic part of academic research?
· What was the motivation behind starting the Business Analytics Educators Forum, the BAEF?
· Does it tie into your own research interests?
o Are there connections between problem-structuring methods and systems methods like soft systems, design thinking, others?
o Can you talk about the idea of ‘human-centric analytics’?
o I’ve heard you say, “there’s nothing better than wallowing in data”.
· Can you share the kinds of must-have tech in your toolbox? Your ‘go to’ tools for analysing data?
· To close out the interview... Do you have a favorite science or data podcast or video channel, or geeky secret?
Well, we’ll wrap up there.
Thank you for sharing your ideas with us today.
A video version of this episode is published on the Business Analytics Educators Forum’s YouTube channel at:
Title: Guitar House
Artist: josh pan (2020)
License: License CC BY 3.0
Title: Complex collaboration for BAEF
Artist: Nuno Machado and Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.