0203 - Anabela Soares - BAEF Educator Interview
In conversation: Allen Higgins and Anabela Soares
I am delighted to be joined today by Anabela Da Silva Filipe Soares.
Anabela is a Senior Lecturer in Strategy & Operations Management at the University of the West of England and a member of the Business Analytics Educators Forum.
· To start, Analytics educators come from all kinds of professions. Can you share a little about your own background and your perspective on data analytics?
· How is analytics used in your original profession’s day-to-day work? [e.g. accounting, sociology, psychology, marketing, economics, engineering, computing, medical specialism, etc.]
· And how is analytics used in academic research?
· Can you talk a little about how academic research differs from industry research?
· How does analytics influence research design?
· What do people mean by “good quality data”? How do you produce good quality data?
· As a self-declared 'questionnaire geek' can you share three tips for someone designing a questionnaire?
· To close out the interview... What are your favorite podcasts or video channels?
· And, can you share a geeky secret?
Well, we’ll wrap up there.
Thank you for sharing your ideas with us today.
A video version of this episode was first published on the Business Analytics Educators Forum’s YouTube channel at:
Title: Guitar House
Artist: josh pan (2020)
License: License CC BY 3.0
Title: Complex collaboration for BAEF
Artist: Nuno Machado and Allen Higgins
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Design Talk (dot IE) CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
The license can be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0
By taking part you give permission for your voice to be recorded, for the recording to be edited, and for it to be posted and published as a podcast.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.