Bite-Sized: Food to Boost Your Mood
Ways to support our mood with nutritional therapist Alice Mackintosh.
Our mood is influenced by a variety of things including what we eat, and in this bite-sized episode we look at how we can support healthy brain function from the key macronutrients and micronutrients to be mindful of to the importance of whole plant foods, as well as the role of processed and refined foods.
Here’s a quick recap:
- Including a variety of high-quality proteins
- Including sufficient B vitamins, vitamin D and magnesium
- Adding in more herbs and spices
- Aim for 30 different whole plant foods each week
- Give special attention to dark leafy greens
- Ensure to include essential fats (omega-3)
- Try to avoid overly processed and refined foods containing trans fats and additives
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.