Podcast: Simin Saghafi Of Iran
By June Ramli
Welcome to another episode of 30 minutes with DailyStraits.com. Our guest today is Tehran-based journalist and travel writer Simin Saghafi.
I met Simin several years ago as a reporter during a work to Iran. My first impression of the country was that its people were stunning and that its tourist areas such as Persepolis had a lot to offer.
So, our topic today is going to be about turning a passion such as travel into a business. If you follow Simin’s social media pages like I do, you’d know that she is a successful travel writer as well as an accomplished travel agent who specialises in the Iranian market both inbound and outbound wise. Before COVID hit, Simin was employed by a Balinese travel agency whose job was to specialise in bringing Iranian tourism to Bali. But our discussion today is going to be solely centred around Simin as a businesswoman and her tips to those wanting to make their first trip to Iran. Without further ado, let’s invite Simin to the show.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- What are some of the places that Iranian tourists like to visit?
- Are Iranian tourists big spenders?
- Where are some of the countries that Iranians love to visit the most?
- What sort of preparation should one take before visiting Iran?
- What are some of the best places - tourist spots to visit while in Iran?
- Do women tourists still need to wear the headscarf while in Iran?
- Best times to visit Iran.
Without further ado, let’s watch the interview here that was recorded on March 31 this year:
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/dailystraitsdotcom.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.