Ava Duvernay (Replay): "Dare To Be Yourself"
Hello - this is a replay episode with the incredible Ava Duvernay. In 2016 she was named one of Oprah Winfrey's SuperSoul 100 visionaries, and in 2017 she became the first Black woman nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature, for her film 13th. This episode was recorded in 2018, around the time the film A Wrinkle in Time came out (starring a mega cast of Oprah, Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon) which she directed. We chatted about her career, the film and how she changed careers later in the life and how there is no rush when it comes to achieving your creative dreams. I hope you love this episode as much as I do.
- My Substack page, come and say hi: https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- Books mentioned on Ctrl Alt Delete podcast: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/books-mentioned-on-ctrl-alt-delete-podcast
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.