#393 Louise O'Neill: The Problem With Having Online 'Idols'
My guest today is the author Louise O’Neill – today we are discussing her brilliant new book IDOL – a riveting darkly delicious story that interrogates our relationship with our internet heroes asking how well we can ever really know the gurus we look up to and their carefully curated profiles. It is written with Louise’s signature style, reminding me of her much applauded book Asking For It, a novel about the life-shattering impact of sexual assault, which published in 2015 to widespread critical acclaim. I think this is her best work yet, and I love all her books fiercely. I hope you enjoy this episode about the themes in IDOL, I so enjoyed catching up with Louise again!
- Join my Substack community and come and say hi! https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- Buy IDOL here: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781787635333
- Buy DISCONNECTED here: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781529373127
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- My favourite 2022 reads: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/best-reads-of-2022
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.