#391 Francesca Specter: How To Be Alone (and Enjoy it)
My guest today is Francesca Specter, author of Alonement: How to be alone and absolutely own it, and the creator of the Alonement podcast. You guessed it, today we are discussing how to be alone - something I’m really passionate about as someone who values alone time, takes myself on solo trips and loves Julia Cameron’s suggestion of The Artist Date, where you take yourself on a date. Francesca speaks so brilliant about this and coined the term Alonement, which is different from being lonely - we talk about learning to enjoy your own company, what this means in the context of getting through a pandemic, tips and tools on how to embrace alone time if it’s something you feel afraid of and how we can speak about solitude in a more nuanced way. Hope you enjoy this conversation.
- My Substack page, come and say hi: https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- Francesca's brilliant book ALONEMENT: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781529412628
- The Alonement podcast: https://www.alonement.com/podcast
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- Books mentioned on Ctrl Alt Delete podcast: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/books-mentioned-on-ctrl-alt-delete-podcast
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.