#324 Anna Codrea-Rado: Losing Your Job + Going Freelance
Today's guest is Anna Codrea-Rado is a journalist, author and podcaster. She is The Queen Of Freelancing. She writes about business, culture and technology, with a particular focus on working life. and I also really recommend her brilliant podcast Is This Working. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Guardian, BBC, Wired, the Paris Review, New York Magazine, the Atlantic, Refinery29, Monocle and many others. Her first book, You’re the Business: How to build a successful career when you strike out alone is out now. It’s a handbook for anyone who works for themselves. It really is a one stop shop for all your freelancing needs: from tricky clients, to managing your finances, the positives and the negatives, why it can be amazing and also really quite awful sometimes and how to find more joy and opportunities as a freelancer and how to stay sane. We discussed lots! Hope you enjoy this conversation!
Order Anna's book from an independent bookseller: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9780753558652
- My books:.https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- My favourite 2020 books: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/my-favourite-reads-of-2020-9bf19342-f535-4856-ab1a-d523f5ecd98a
- My 2021 picks: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/2021-books-i-m-excited-about-619ab32f-f22e-4282-a0e7-71732055e3c7
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.