797: Tara Nolan – Retirement for the Self-Employed
Saving for your later years is the ultimate in making sure your hard work pays off. Yet oftentimes, the personal traits that make us great entrepreneurs are also traits which can make it difficult for us to save for retirement. In today’s conversation with guest Tara Nolan, we discuss retirement for the self-employed — perhaps not the sexiest of topics, but highly necessary! In this hopeful and judgement-free conversation, Tara and I talk about how we, as self-employed entrepreneurs, need to think about retirement and how to plan for it. We discuss topics including the importance of articulating your goals, having a vision vs. executing on that vision, managing shame about money management, and working with money management professionals. Tara also walks us through her 3-Step financial planning framework. As Tara says, “Where your money lives is more important than how much you have.”
Tara Nolan is a money strategist who supports women entrepreneurs and professionals (who have limited time due to business and family demands!) achieve and retain the lifestyles they want. Since starting her company, she has been obsessed with helping people feel good about their finances. Tara combines finance, her background in strategic military planning, and a focus personal development to create transformational financial plans. She shares her philosophy and approach to money in her book, Money Moves: Change Where Your Money Lives, Change How Your Financial World Grows. Connect and learn more at www.nolanfinancialpartners.com.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple Podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com.
Tara Nolan, thank you so much for being here!Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself. Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world. Guest Contact –
- Tara Nolan on LinkedIn (in/TaraENolan)
- Tara Nolan on Facebook (@TaraENolanPlanForYourDreams)
- Money Moves by Tara Nolan
- Books by Jeffrey Shaw
- Business Coaching for Entrepreneurs
- The Self-Employed Summit
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
- The Self-Employed Business Institute — You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! — Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! — Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.